Friday, May 4, 2007

me dear ol' da

You may have felt a disturbance in the force or caught the glint of aluminum or detected that certain scent in the air...that's right, Charlie's back in town!

With a few days notice, Gramps arrived yesterday for a month's respite in our driveway. As most of you know, he's been a perpetual turtle with an airstream trailer for his shell ever since retiring in 2001. This time he left all hares in his dust, traveling from Prescott, AZ, to Seattle in 4 days flat. He'd decided this is where he wanted to be, and we're glad to have him.

Note the beautiful colors and artwork inside the Silver Weenie. Also note the many aquariums behind Rowan that each house a tarantula--my father's latest interest. He's always got a new hobby going and I'm definitely looking forward to the next one.

Rita was so happy to play with her old friend, Toby. This was our first time seeing him post eye surgery. Now he's a pirate dog with a permanent wink...Arrrrgh!


On a completely different note, I was trying to take some shots of the clematis blooming on our deck. It is so breathtaking. But Tim was feeling disruptive and kept leaping in front of the camera. I threatened him that I'd post the pictures if he kept it up.

He kept it up. -k8-











2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Welcome Charles & Toby! Cover up Tim!!

Anonymous said...

I've been wondering what the opposite of "eye candy" is, now I know Tim! GACK!

Delightful to be back in your driveway guys. Toby loves Rita and when I mentioned we were going to see Rita, he got all anxious and ran around looking for his illusive friend. Unfortunately, we were boondocking in an old abandoned parking lot at the time, miles from Seattle. Then when we got here, he made a beeline for the front door. Alas, having no key, I was unable to get the two old friends together for some hours.

Great being back and I'm looking forward to the hours of super pleasure playing with you guys.

Love,
Da