Saturday, June 30, 2007

relativity

How kind of you to return, with the scant hope that perhaps I've posted even a scrap of a morsel of some news, happy for the most fleeting of pictures...even one of Fish would do. (Larkin has a red angel fish. I think its name is Fish, but I'm not entirely sure.) I have no pictures of Fish.

Speaking of Larkin, she and her cousins are in the other room alternating between gasping and screaming and laughing and maybe crying, as they watch a horror film called The Messengers. I know it involves farm tools, which can be extremely terrifying. Last I checked, they were all clinging to each other under 3 blankets. I declined to watch it as T is away in Vancouver (Doing what I did--see previous post--but with more soccer and jazz. And beer.) and I can become a big baby after watching a horror movie. The kids have each other, and I don't think they want me squeezing into bed with them tonight, afraid to sleep alone.

But back to the subject of me not blogging since before going on a leave of absence over 2 weeks ago. I have nothing to offer as an excuse. Wait, let me think for a minute if that's true. Hmmm. Yup, I really couldn't tell you why I dropped the blall right when it would seem I finally have time for more creative endeavors. Maybe it was my semi-shell shocked state for the first week or so of freedom. It was more than a little unsettling how quickly and easily I could disappear from a world I'd so heavily invested in. It's a reality check, an ego check. Everyone is replaceable. I've got to find my own place. But enough about that.

Had a great time today at the zoo with Max, Maya and Rowan. Played in the park after and the kids climbed trees.





We met up with Emilie and Malcolm and their little guy, Owen. He's super cute and I got to hold him a bunch. That's just good for the soul, holding a baby. It's like you absorb a little of their life essence or something. (Dark Crystal anyone? Gelflings?)





Uncle Em rode by on Big Bird for a little visit. Played some frisbee with the kids, chatted up Owen's visiting grandma. -k8-

No comments: