Friday, January 11, 2008

lucky 07

Here's a smattering of random moments caught over the course of 2007:

With a trailhead only half a block from our house, we spend a lot of time walking, riding, or playing on the Interurban Trail. I love this picture of Rowan running to catch cousin Max's toss of a super bouncy ball.


Bonus: see if you can read what's written on the ball...you may have to click on the picture.














About 10 blocks north on the trail sits this freight container off in the brush. I regularly see damp blankets and discarded food containers underneath, betraying a private, semi-dry spot to avoid the Seattle rain. When this graffiti appeared one day, the irony did not escape me.














Keeping with the Interurban theme, here's Tim and me in early '07 sledding the modest hill that runs down to the trail. There's so little snow, you can see the grass poking through, but around here we'll take what we can get!















Louis and Mark's feet as they run through a little stream's waterfall in the Japanese garden.















Rod by sconce light.
















I found this picture online when doing a search for "Allgeier," the adopted name I grew up with and is on my legal birth certificate. This is the grave of my dad's dad, killed in WWII. Albert would never get to meet his son, who was only 7 months old at the time. His young, beautiful widow would soon remarry and add 8 more children to their blue collar, Catholic family in Erie, PA. I find it amazing that though I never knew the man, and though I'm not likely to ever visit Margraten, I can nonetheless see my grandfather's gravestone in the Netherlands American Military Cemetery. I love the internet.














Since we met in the student union at college when we were 19, I've been telling Tim what great hair he has. Imagine my delight when I found these two pictures! The orange shirt one is from a July '06 camping trip, and the black shirt is almost exactly 1 year later. As you can see, Tim got a wild hair in 2007. You'll find that when I eventually post the July '08 Tim-by-Lantern-Light picture, his hair will be back to its more modest self.








I'm cheating here, since this picture is actually from '06. I like to call it "Kid Soup." Note the weaponry necessary to keep them in line. Needless to say, we drained and cleaned the hot tub the next day.













There are so many more good ones...this may have to be Part One in a series. -k8-

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

extra chlorine tabs for the hot tub! -e