Thursday, February 21, 2008

can I get the 4-1 on that?

I thought turning 41 would be a real downer. I mean, how boring is that? 41?! Yawn.

Boy, was I wrong. Dead wrong.

While drinking my morning tea, I finally got to open a big "don't open until 2/19!" box that had been taunting me for many days. It turned out to be a teapot commissioned by dear ol' Da, from a potter in London, Ontario who was his student back in the '70s. Doesn't it look handsome sitting between my 2 favorite Dryden Pottery pieces.







The day continued on the upswing as the family headed out on a hike northward with a soccer ball and both dogs, about 2 miles up the Interurban Trail, all the way to my new favorite taquerilla, El Carreton. (See previous post for a complete review of this fine eatery-in-a-bus.)

Later that afternoon, basking in the sun and breathing the crisp air, I enjoyed a long solo soak in the hot tub. Meanwhile, my very excellent husband created a fabulous feast that featured thai chili glazed salmon...mmmmm! Rowan was in charge of table decorations.












I made strawberry chocolate crepes for dessert. Cake schmake. Larkin presented me with a sprightly green knit cap so freshly finished that it was still warm!
















Late that night I found Rowan had placed a final surprise on my bed. He explained the next day that he knew how great it was to get money for your birthday, but he wasn't sure if I'd gotten any, so he plundered his piggy bank.





From here, 41 doesn't look so bad. -k8-

2 comments:

RickH said...

from where i am 41 looks even better... -e

Anonymous said...

What a perfect day and well deserved! HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!