Tuesday, April 24, 2007

Primo Blogundo

Rowan and I are home sick with a stomach bug, so what better time to start that blog I've been meaning to create? I will try to recap the highlights of this year so far, in time. Today, I'll just start with the recent past.

Before being struck down, we had a lovely Earth Day. Larkin had her monthly weekend working for the Student Conservation Assn, and they spent it rebuilding trails and hill steps at the Arboretum. Having returned from a library conference in eastern WA late Friday night, I joined her on Saturday for some quality mother-daughter time, digging gravel. Sunday I spent gardening on our own patch of earth. Larkin stayed home Monday not with the flu, but with arms and shoulders so sore she couldn't face the fast moving world of high school. She's back in action today. So far, she and Tim show no signs of this illness.

Only three weeks until I stop working at the downtown library. As much as I love that building and the romance of the whole notion, I will be so glad to be rid of the commute and the higher profile. I want to spend my energy differently.

The weather has been manic. Here's a recent shot from our deck, looking NE. If not for the clouds, you'd see the Cascade Mountain range. The rainbow makes up for it. -k8-

1 comment:

Unknown said...

A beautiful sight on a beautiful site. I love your links.